Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a line on a nice painted explorer intake for a decent price. My friend owns it and ported it to match Felpro 1250's.

My question is, will this cause turbulance at the heads since the ports are drastically larger on the intake than the heads and actually hurt performance??? I know I can't expect much out of stock E7's anyway, but looking for a little bump at least.

I've got one friend saying it will work, another saying it wont. Looking for a second opinion before I spend the time and money.

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If you port match it then it will cut turbulence down but the e7s will still suck regardless lol.....I would look into atleast some gt40 heads which can be found cheap if you do some searching

·
Registered
631 Posts
Dude, E7s are garbage unless lots of work is put into them. I have the Tmoss ported lower on my GT40 tubular and it will help a tiny bit but I am really stressing tiny. Why not go aluminum? Also check out one of my previous post, I think I asked the same question

·
Registered
519 Posts
I just did this mod, Fully ported gt40 manifold (felpro 1250 gasket and welded and straightend runners) on stock heads. I believe it lost a LITTLE low end torque, and i stress little, but really wakes up the mid to top end performance. Id do it again. Go for it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really want to go with aluminum heads and intake but am not ready to drop the cash yet (can't talk the wife into it).

The lower is gasket matched to the 1250s.

I mean I'm willing to do it to set up for improved heads down the road, but I want to make sure it isn't going to hurt performance.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I really want to go with aluminum heads and intake but am not ready to drop the cash yet (can't talk the wife into it).

The lower is gasket matched to the 1250s.

I mean I'm willing to do it to set up for improved heads down the road, but I want to make sure it isn't going to hurt performance.
I'm in the same boat but with cash haha. I think my Tmoss ported GT40 helped out a lot with the stock heads, so I don't think it would hurt anything

·
Old timer
6,280 Posts
I have a line on a nice painted explorer intake for a decent price. My friend owns it and ported it to match Felpro 1250's.

Just pass on it and get one ported correctly -

:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts