Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make use of the USB capability and voice commands on my 2012, I got a 500g portable hard drive. If it is formated to FAT32, it works quite well. The question is how to get all of the album/track/artist info to be read by the car. For example if I rip a CD onto the drive, you can call up by voice the album or track but not the artist. Seems the fields in the car are populated differently than what comes off the CD.

Additionally, for stuff digitized off of vinyl as wave files, you can get a track name but I can't find a way to add more non music info to the files. All that being said, it is nice to get that much space on something so small! Worst case is just having to remember more track names.
Erich

·
Super Moderator
11,179 Posts
The USB is enough to power the drive?
Links to the drive, plz.

What a great idea. You put the "awe" in "dawg".
;)

Regarding your question. I can only tell you what I've done:
Using a thumb drive I copied files from my itunes directory over to the thumb drive. These are CD tracks, I think *.aac. The info was with the tracks.
I haven't tried wav files.

I would suggest putting the wav file in an itunes directory (i.e. open it with itunes) and modify the info in itunes (track name, artist, etc). Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know this is really old but...

MP3 files have a header with all of that information called tags, and ID3 is what the format is called. Do a search for an MP3 tag editor and you should be able to add information to the files to your heart's content.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts