Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how much should i expect to pay for a port and polish on the heads of my oo gt.form tear down to reinstall.i would also be putting in fox lake stage 2 cams.with the p-51 intake. or would it be better and cheaper to just buy the heads and cams with everything done already,b/c i woulalso need valve springs too. what kind of total power could i get from all of that.thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am sending my heads to Steen today to have them ported and polished, and they are also installing cams and valve springs. They priced all my work including cams and valve springs at $1375. I could have gone with only the port work for $625. I have no idea what HP I will be putting down but look at some of the threads and you will see that Steen heads seem to put down a lot of torque. I also chose them because they have the best bang for the buck (highest cfm per price). If you are comparing companies make sure there cfm values are at the same lift because some advertise at .550 lift and other at .500 lift. I will try to post my rwhp after I get the heads on this spring.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
indstang said:
I am sending my heads to Steen today to have them ported and polished, and they are also installing cams and valve springs. They priced all my work including cams and valve springs at $1375. I could have gone with only the port work for $625. I have no idea what HP I will be putting down but look at some of the threads and you will see that Steen heads seem to put down a lot of torque. I also chose them because they have the best bang for the buck (highest cfm per price). If you are comparing companies make sure there cfm values are at the same lift because some advertise at .550 lift and other at .500 lift. I will try to post my rwhp after I get the heads on this spring.
thanks for the info.you ment steeda right?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
yea i talked with him today on mine i'm planning on sending mine there in a month waiting on tax time for me. i've heard alot of good about his work. and thats about the price to look for on the porting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
99svt32v said:
20 inch rims on a stang, cool :rolleyes:

btw, make sure to include shipping of about 40 bux each way.

f off! more stangs have them than you know!plus lets be real this isn't exactly a 12 second daily driver it runs a 14.1 with the rims...do you even know what budnick rims are? there 19inch rims 20' i just put in my sig to see what people would say ..

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
Easy there ladies, let's not get our panties in a bunch now.

Wow $1375 for everything 99svt? That is the best price I have seen by far!

John

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again,i'll check em out.i'm little ways away from doin this.but i do want to know what its goin to cost and now i do.thats a pretty good price too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Another vote for Steen racing. I contacted them as well and a p & P is in my future as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts