Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1986 mustang GT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially when warm when I’m engine braking, my afr goes to 21 and it sounds like I’m making popcorn.

Also notice if Im in 2nd gear low rpm trying to hold an rpm my afr will read around 18 and when I give it a little gas it does a quick pause and buck. Especially around a turn this will happen. It looks like I’m just learning to drive.

I am in closed loop. This is a fairly new tune (Vortech 6psi with TF heads 11r 190)
Full length bbk no emmisions. Everything else is running nicely. Just making a lot of popcorn. Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is a setting in tuner studio that will do fuel cut when coasting, it says that if you have it setup wrong it.will fuel cut when at a certain value of the map and tps, I can't think of where I saw it but I left the feature off so I wouldn't run into and issue like this, I can't think of where I saw it but next time I have the laptop out messing around I'll look for it and get back to you.

·
Registered
1986 mustang GT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the over run fuel cut turned off. It looks like this was self inflicted by me. On my ignition table I set the 20kpa to just 20deg ignition timing. Also I added fuel to the deceleration thinking it would smooth throttle transition. But now I know how to make my car crackle.

·
Registered
1986 mustang GT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After adjusting tune was still having some bucking and high rpm miss. Ended up being a bad distributor. Put in a $300 dizzy and timing mark has no more spark scatter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.