Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. ive got two mustangs, an 88 lx and a 1990 lx. both 5.0s with the 88 being manual and the 90 auto. ever since ive bought these cars theyve both had problems running at low rpms under load. what seems to happen is the idle will be rough, once you give it some gas it pops/misfires away, and clears up around 3k rpm. after 3k they just take off normally, full power and everything. the 1990 has the problem even parked at idle, while the 88 does not. im literally at a loss for what the problem is. ive replaced the following parts on both cars:

TPS (Set at .98)
Cold air intake
IACV
Plugs(Gapped at .55)
Cap and Rotor, Wires, Ignition coil, module on side of dizzy(forgot the name, TFI?)
The 90 has gutted cats (Previous owner), while the 88 has longtubes, o/r h pipe and flowmasters
theres no fuel getting past the FPR on either of the cars
timing is set to 12 on both cars
the 88 has new O2 sensors

I dont know where else to look. Fuel system? Check vacuum lines again? electrical? just scrap the EFI and go carb? j/k. ive done tons of searches the past 2 years because of this and nothing has really described the problem or helped it. if anyone has any input on what i should look for/replace i would greatly appreciate it! link to video below. the problem is very apparent the first 2 seconds, and you can hear it again at 11 seconds.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfeIt1uLHMU

·
Registered
24,672 Posts
start,,,,,,,,,,by adding an air filter

really, no filter?

oh...It doesn't need one, its special..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts