Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished the turbo install on my 91 5.0 LX and attempted to start it today to check for leaks before trailering it to the tuner. After about six seconds of cranking my friend told me to stop, as the MAF wiring harness coming from the HPX MAF to the stock MAF wires where they are butt connected had completely melted, exposing the wires. The gauge wire from the HPX is substantially smaller than the stock wiring and looks far too thin. Could this be the cause for it immediately melting? Thanks in advance as I am new to the forum

·
Registered
236 Posts
I recently finished the turbo install on my 91 5.0 LX and attempted to start it today to check for leaks before trailering it to the tuner. After about six seconds of cranking my friend told me to stop, as the MAF wiring harness coming from the HPX MAF to the stock MAF wires where they are butt connected had completely melted, exposing the wires. The gauge wire from the HPX is substantially smaller than the stock wiring and looks far too thin. Could this be the cause for it immediately melting? Thanks in advance as I am new to the forum

You need to double check your wiring.

on the pmas
Red +12V
Black GND
Brown GND
Blue Maf out 0-5V

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wiring was in fact wrong. I ordered the 6 pin to 4 pin plug and play harness and that solved all issues. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts