Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSD, FMS, or some Taylor made wires that just I heard of recently. Which ones are the best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just got my Taylor Thundervolt 50's on they pretty cool! Used to have taylor 409's and those were pretty good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I installed my 8mm Taylor Spiro Pros this weekend. Only 45 bucks! :D Here's a pic. (Sorry bout the dirty engine compartment.)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need a set of wires and I keep hearing the FMS ones are junk...thanx for the input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
J95SNAKE said:
I need a set of wires and I keep hearing the FMS ones are junk...thanx for the input.
Yep, complete junk. Had em on before the Taylors and the car runs so much smoother now.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I currently have the 9mm ford racing wires on my 95GT and haven't had any problems or complaints. I paid $44 from summit, and they fit well and were red with a nice ford racing logo on them in white. It would be a good idea to use the motorsport wire seperators due to the fact you wont be able fit the 9mm wires in your stock looms? just my oppinion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
FMS wire = junk. I put them on a resistance tester at a local speedshop and they failed horribly.

Taylor Spiros are about middleground in wires. MSD wires rule. I want to get those next:joy:

·
Registered
713 Posts
MSD all the way.. pricy.. but you get what you pay for :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
MSD 8.5 Superconductor wires worked well for me. The worst wire's resistance was 80ohms. The same wire's resistance on my FRPP/FMS set was was 20,000 ohms, with the other wires registering the same.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
the FMS 9mm wires might not be as sweet as the MSD's. But wouldnt it be fair to say that the FMS wires are better than the stock 8mm wires that you get from the factory?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
just looked at summits prices.

$69 for the MSD's
$44 for the FMS's

you get what you pay for. I say if your not running some high output mega watt ignition system and hot coil, the FMS wires for the money are fine. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Crane?

How about the Crane wires? They sent me a free set, they only need to be crimped at the end. I also have a crane hi6 box with a crane coil. I currently have the FMS blue wires on but they seem to be yellowing at the ends already.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
MKoebra95 said:
MSD 8.5 Superconductor wires worked well for me. The worst wire's resistance was 80ohms. The same wire's resistance on my FRPP/FMS set was was 20,000 ohms, with the other wires registering the same.
WOW!!!

Yeah I think I will keep paying 25 extra bucks ($69 vs. $44) for MSD's every time I change wires.

·
Registered
713 Posts
FMS = factory replacement.

spend the few extra bucks, and get the good wires :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
My FMS wire are 9 months old and they are falling apart. I think the new ones have a straight bot and are improved, not sure. Wont ever get these again.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts