Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should my plug gap be?

Edelbrock alluminum stage 3 heads on a 306. I guess they're the 60xx heads. I've got all the ignition parts, MSD, mallory distributor, etc.

I've got Autolite 64s in there now.

Car seems to hesitate when I get on it an then picks up.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Autolite 64's? I use Autolite 3926's in my Ebrock 6037 heads. Lots of guys use these or 3924's. I use .054 gap on mine. They are lightly ported and I have a Crane ignition.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure which kind of Edelbrock heads I have. My car is a '93. They are heavily ported alluminums. They should be the 6037s right? When I bought the car, the previous owner had Autolite 64s in there and gapped at .38 or so and he used 2 of those metal spacer rings (that comes with new plugs). Why?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would ditch those plugs and get the right ones for those heads. Get some 3926 or 3924. Napa carries them. They come with the washers. Use some anti sieze on the threads and gap the to .054. That guy must have used a power adder on his car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
93hatch said:
That guy must have used a power adder on his car.
What makes you say this? My friend has thought this also. Is it because of the Autolite 64? They are fat plugs.

Does Edelbrock make any other alluminum heads for 87-93 5.0s? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Odds are you have the 6037's. I say he might have used a power adder because of the small gap, .038. Thats more common for blowers and nitrous.

They do make the Performer 5.0 (6037's)
and a Performer RPM (?) These have 2.02 intake valves though. Odds are you have the 6037s.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have no clue why that guy was running those plugs.

I have the 6037's and a Vortech and I run the 3924's gapped at .38. When I ran nitrous I also had the gap smaller than on my N/A car

You can either use the 24's, or 26's or NGK makes a good V-Power plug.

On my 85 N/A car I am running NGK V-Power 's gapped at .50 and I have TFS high Ports that have been heavily worked.

If you are still unsure, call up edelbrock , give them your set up and they will tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have no clue why that guy was running those plugs.

I have the 6037's and a Vortech and I run the 3924's gapped at .38. When I ran nitrous I also had the gap smaller than on my N/A car

You can either use the 24's, or 26's or NGK makes a good V-Power plug.

On my 85 N/A car I am running NGK V-Power 's #8 gapped at .50 and I have TFS high Ports that have been heavily worked.

If you are still unsure, call up edelbrock , give them your set up and they will tell you the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts