Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the front coolant line is from the hard coolant line mounted just above the lower intake manifold but it is my understanding that the rear EGR coolant line is mounted directly into the lower intake manifold. Can someone please help me in telling me where exactly that opening is?? It looks like it could be somewhere near the opening for the PCV valve but I am at a loss.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There is a adapter screwed into the back R/H side of the manifold that leads into the coolant passage in the head/manifold. The fitting (adapter) is 3/8" pipe (male) thread on the manifold end with a 3/16" nipple on the other for the rubber line. Often aftermarket manifolds come with a allen head pipe plug in this hole, just remove it and replace it with one from a factory manifold. PS: If you need to purchace one of these you will have a hard time locating one anyware but Ford, and then is't still a pain as you have to find it on a diagram as it is not listed in the parts book.

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
It is the rear left 3/8th pipe fitting thread. You don't need it so you can by a plug for that hole. The front line ties into the hard coolant line so you can trim it short, put a screw in it and clamp it off.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike - Do you mean rear right?? People are telling me it is on the driver's side of the intake not the passengers side.

thanks for your input though. I just need a little more clarification.

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
Lxpony said:
Mike - Do you mean rear right?? People are telling me it is on the driver's side of the intake not the passengers side.

thanks for your input though. I just need a little more clarification.
The front of the intake would be to the right of the screen

I take it you are installing your Cobra Intake? Or do you just want to know for the stocker?

I'm sure the EGR coolant line ran to the pass side rear. The Driver's side rear is plugged from the factory on the stock intake. Either one will work for the coolant line because on Crown vics and other 5.0 cars, the intake is flipped the opposite way. Then you would use the rear drivers side for the coolant line and the pass side would be plugged. For the CObra Intake, BOTH REAR ports will get plugged up anyway. Get a brass 3/8th NPT fitting from any plumbing/harware/Poop boys store. Then you plug up the front EGR tube with a screw and clamp

The front pass side is where the hard coolant line goes in.

The Front drivers side is where the ACT and Coolant temp sender go in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts