Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired U.S. Air Force
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a Hurst roll controll so I can do a burnout with my rear disk brakes. Can you guy's show me a good mounting place and give me some insight as to how I should install it? Where would be the best location for the button on a weekend car? Better yet, a daily driver since I like the "as close to stock as possible" look. I think I asked the right way so as to not be moved to a different forum.
Thanks guys
Dave

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mount it near the master cylinder. Makes the job easier. I use to have mine hidden under the dash when I wasnt at the track. I just took some velcro and mounted it out of site. I'll see if this diagram will post or not, if not I will e-mail it to you.

·
Retired U.S. Air Force
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Pic. Does it matter if I put the line lock between the stock PV and MC or can it go after the PV? I did the 5 lug swap and have both lines in a Tee at the back of the PV and the front is still stock but gutted with an adjustable one down line.
Let's see if I get this right. When I use it, I push the brakes down and then hit the button. I can then release the brake pedal and light the tires up while holding the switch. Then release the switch and the front tires will release. Is that correct? Basically asking if the front wheels will be locked untill I release the button or flip the switch off(whichever you want)?
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Your description of use is correct. I wired up a switch and kept it in my ashtray compartment, when I was using it, just unroll the wires and go to it, when not in use I just tucked the wiring back in there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts