Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY CAR SAT FOR ABOUT 7-8 MONTHS WITH A BLOWN HEAD GASKET.WELL I JUST GOT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND WHEN I WENT TO START IT THERE'S NO SOUND OF FUEL IGNITING. EVERYTHING SOUNDS RIGHT(STARTER, FUEL PUMP), BUT THERE IS NO SOUND OF IT TRYING TO SPARK THE FUEL. I CHECKED TO MAKE SURE I WAS GETTING SPARK AND I WAS. I CHECKED THE INJECTOR GROUND AND IT S GOOD. I KNOW THE FUEL PUMP IS WORKING. ANY SUGGUESTIONS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED. EVEN A SUGGUESTION OF WHERE TO GO FROM HERE? SHOULD I DROP THE FUEL TANK AND PUT ALL NEW GAS IN IT? DAMN I LOVE FORDS.... THANKS

·
Registered
35,444 Posts
Old gas causes all kinds of problems - although, usually it will start - just runs like crap. Before I swapped gas I'd go back and check cam timing, ignition timing, firing order on dist. wires, be sure you have the fuel lines hooked up correctly - if you mis-match them on the barbed fittings down by the smog pump, the car will not start. If you do decide new gas is in order - I wouldn't drop the tank - I'd siphon or use a hand pump to remove it; pull a fuel line and jump the relay to use the pump to empty it -- anything but pulling the tank. If you get most of it out, and refill it with fresh - pull the fuel line and let jumper the relay to let the pump fill the lines with new gas before you try to fire it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could it be?

could it be that since3 it sat so long the lifters arent pumping up and not letting the valves open? thanks for the help thunderrod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts