Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is impossible to diagnose by description, but I have a popping/clunking noise coming from the front end of my car that I need some ideas on. It happens on weight transfer, like when the car has just come to a complete stop and the weight transfers to the back of the car. It also happens when turning the wheel sometimes. I know it is not the calipers because it did this before and after the cobra brake upgrade. I also have new struts so its not them. I work at a ford dealership and had our suspension guy look at it and said it is probably not balljoints, but did see a crack in the frame where it had been jacked up numerous times. It seems to be getting a little worse, and sometimes you can almost feel it when it pops/clunks!! It is also interesting to note that the problem seems to be greatly reduced when it is wet/raining outside, as if the water is lubricating whatever is making the sound. Please help with some ideas so that I can suggest them to the guy at the dealership. Sorry its so long.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Motor Mounts?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sure sounds like ball joints to me. Especially in the rain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts