Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey sorry writing didnt show up the first post.

I took off the smog pump and all the hoses and tubes and stuff. Now I have a really high idle. Got it down a little bit but where one of the tubes came off there is massive suction coming into the pipes that go to the back of the stock heads. Two brass pipes that come around to the pass side. Big time suction out of that and wanted to know if i should block it off or leave it sucking air in like that.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
There's a bolt going into the back of each head that holds that pipe on there, remove those and the pipe will come out. You can go to your local hardware store and get some socket head cap screws to block the holes in the back of the heads, although I can't remember the thread size off the top of my head. Ford also has the plugs, they're threaded plugs used to fill the holes in the front of the heads so the accessory drive bolts have something to screw into. With some patience you can get the plugs/socket head cap screws into the back of the heads without removing anything. Hope that helps.

Carson

·
Registered
797 Posts
What I just did on a friends car was cut the ends off of the tube and flip them over and bolt them back on. Instant block off plugs!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ludicrous Speed said:
What I just did on a friends car was cut the ends off of the tube and flip them over and bolt them back on. Instant block off plugs!!
that's the easiest way....that's what i did

·
Registered
784 Posts
Suction ???? Out of the thermactor tube that leads to the back of the heads??. When I busted mine off, it made quite an exhaust leak, since the threaded holes lead to the exhaust ports. I got another thermactor tube for $10.50 from a Grand Marquis, but ended up pinching it off perfectly and it runs just fine, and it's cold has hell so it can wait for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts