Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK- I am doing a 4 cyl to V-8 swap and am having a few problems trying to find where these plugs get plugged into so please bare with me....

1.) I cant seem to find where the wire off the throttle body plugs into... the one that you can change your voltage at...... In my book it looks like it plugs into a plug right near the ERG plug but i cant find it....

2.) where the hell do the 2 TAB plugs plug into.....

3.) on the pass side fuel injector harness... all the way up front are 2 plugs that look the same.... one plugs into a temp senser or something on the coolant line that runs along with the fuel rail... whats the other plug for????

thanks for any help-

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Throttle Position Sensor is what you asked about in question 1, this does plug into the engine harness next to the EGR valve sensor, the plug should be there.

I don't know what you mean by TAB so I can't help you there.

The other connector by the coolant temp sensor plugs into a harness that goes down to the canister purge solinoid by the charcoal canister under the airbox.

good luck

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jktaylor - Thanks for the info....

after i posted this i remembered that my friend has his stang right down the street to i took a ride over there and found everything i needed....

My problem is.... my TPS plug is different then the one on the wiring harness.......

My harness is a 91 or 92 and my throttle body/TPS is a 93.... did they change the connectors in that one yr??? what do i do??

I see where the TAB plugs plug into... what do they do?? and are they needed??

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok- boy do i have to stop drinking when im working on the car- j/k

I just went out and now my TPS plug, plugged right in... lol... oh well i got that figured out....

Now does any one know exactly what the TAB does and is it needed??

thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts