Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was mounting some nitrous solenoids and the nozzle, well i removed the tube to install the nozzle, and i put it back but i forgot to plug in the breather thing that goes from the intake to the oil spout on the valve covers. The i removed the fuel test port valve and put in the one that comes with the kit, only i dropped it and it landed on the block where i cant reach it. so i took off the distributor cap and tried to get it but no luck. So i went and mounted the other solenoid and then stopped, and decided to put back the old fuel test port valve so i can run the car and move it. Well i tried turning it on..it cranked over and started running for a split second then died. Thats when i realized that i didnt have the distributor or the breather hose thing on. So i plugged everything back in but now the car wont fire up...what should i do?

·
Registered
759 Posts
the breather hose is no big deal. I wouldnt want to run the car forever like that but thats not going to make the car not run.

When you say the distributor wasnt on, what wasnt on? was it the electronic connectors or the hold down bolt?

Maybe it just is out of time. Did you mark the distributor before you took it out and then install it correctly?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JWALKER said:
the breather hose is no big deal. I wouldnt want to run the car forever like that but thats not going to make the car not run.

When you say the distributor wasnt on, what wasnt on? was it the electronic connectors or the hold down bolt?

Maybe it just is out of time. Did you mark the distributor before you took it out and then install it correctly?
i didnt take off the whole distributor...just the little cap

the cap wasnt on

·
Registered
574 Posts
what? how did it run with the dist. cap off? I don't know how to help you, I'd guess you just put it back together wrong, retrace your steps, make sure you didnt miss something stupid, coil wire as well as spark wires, etc. I couldn't see you messing anything up by trying to run it with the cap off... but maybe if it did run with the cap off, maybe it messed up something.

After you go through and make sure you put everything back together, try running through basic troubleshooting, are plugs seeing spark, is fuel getting there, is engine cranking, etc.

I'm sure you will be alright, and also other people will also have advice. Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts