Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i just picked up my 1971 Mach One Mustang about 5 days ago for 3,300 and was wondering if anyone could give me some helpful advice about it. I am very new to the classic car world and i just hope i came to the right place for some information.The car rite now is in great running condtion, here are a few specifications:

351 Cleveland
351-Cleveland 2V heads
Performer Intake
Holley 750 cfm carburator
Doug Thorley headers
Dual exaust with h-pipe
2 chamber flowmasters
Accel coil + elect. dist.
Iskendarien camshaft
514 lift
224 duration at 50 degrees
282 advertised duration
108 degree lobe seperation
FMX Transmission with shift kit
Hurst contender converter 2400-2800 stall
3:89 posi trac rear end
10:1 compression
traction bars

now i was just wondering about how much HP roughly i am putting out (comes bone stock with 285), what kind of 1/4 mile times i might be getting, what cars i should not be afraid of at all and which ones should i steer clear from, and most of all, what would be the next cheapest step to cut my time down, any suggestions? Any of these questions answered would be exremely helpful so i just hope somone has any information on these cars or atleast more than I do thanks alot guys n gals...AMERICAN MUSCLE

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used to have a 72 mach, i really loved that car, i would say you are at or around 325 hp. but with a little work you can make 500 with a cleveland, you might even be closer to the 400 mark, its been 27 yrs since i had mine but you can go to Hardcore 5.0 mustang and get all the info you want there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The only way to know how much hp you have is to put it on a dyno. Also, take it to the track and make a few passes so you know it's et. Dyno hp does not guarantee certain et's. Two cars with the same hp will run different et's based on driver's ability and suspension setup. Once you know your et's, you'll know which cars to stay away from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts