Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a few pictures of my nitrous setup/swap. I was running the NX 2v plate kit at 150 shot for quite awhile. I ran a 200 shot on my last couple passes last year. Broke the transmission on the first good pass, so I didn't get to see what time it would have run. I used a progressive controller, to avoid puddling, but didn't want to tempt fate again. Been there and done that. No more exploded intakes, thank you!

Anyway, here are the pics.
First off a picture of the #### pit;

Gauges are LC-1 DB Gauge for A/F ratio and Dynotune digital nitrous pressure gauge, with remote sending unit.

The recalibration button/status LED is right on the floor near me. Easy access and visibility. Plus no drilling necessary.

Pictures of my switch setup;

Remote nitrous opening valve. I ran a short line from the bottle, under the back seat, to a high quality ball valve. Now I no longer have to reach back into the trunk to open the bottle. I merely put my hand down behind my driver seat and turn the handle.

MSD Digital window switch;

The old 2v plate kit installed;

The new direct port kit installed. I bolted the solenoids to the alternator bolt. Need to get a better bracket fabbed up. I also need a shorter fuel line.

Also, regarding the vacuum leaks I initially had with the NOSzles installed. My solution was to buy o-rings for the fuel injectors. The fit on tight and were larger than the stock ones. Very tight fit. I actually split a few installing, so I will have to get a few more. Here are the pics of the stock o-rings (garbage) vs the fuel o-rings.

·
Registered
784 Posts
nice, I like my plate kit, does it matter how it is installed cus mine is like your but turned the other way, nitrous to the fron fuel to the back... I would think it is the same crap..

btw those dyno tune gauges are nice, I have some aswell my nitrous and fuel pressure but with the white and blue, how much will you be spraying 200 shot still?? man i bet that tq is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. what is your fuel set up?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be running a 175 shot, until I upgrade my fuel setup. I was getting a lean spike again, with 200 out of the hole. That is the other reason, that I ran a progressive controller. I'm not really interested in buying or running one permanently (borrowed from a friend), so the larger shot will wait until I upgrade my fuel system.

The current fuel setup is still KB BAP and focus pump. I plan to switch to a Glenn's Performance return setup. Either that, or I will piece together a return setup myself. I actually had all the parts to do it. I thought I was going to sell the car, so I sold them. :shakehead

The fuel is supposed to be facing to the front on the plate kit. I would imagine it has to do with the way the holes are oriented on the spray bar.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Looks good man.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LS2KLR, thanks for the help with questions on the kit man! :salute:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hmm..interesting.. my fuel is in the back and my nitrous is in the front...

BTW , how was your lean spike back when you had the plate only?

I have the focus pump with kb bap. 24lb if that matters.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't have any lean spike issues after installing the BAP, until I switched to the 200 shot. I probably could have tuned out the one I was getting with the 200 shot, it wasn't that bad.

For bigger nitrous shots, you really need a standalone fuel system or to switch to return style. There is only so much you can do with a returnless fuel system. It's not ideal for a nitrous setup, which has an instant demand for more fuel when activated. The fuel pump may very well be able to supply the fuel required. However, by the time it ramps up the speed of the returnless pump, the lean spike has already happened.

This direct port kit is mainly to tide me over. I was decided on going 4v, but I'm not sure if I will just yet. I'm switching over to a KB 2.8H, that is for sure. Whether it will be on top of 2v or 4v heads remains to be seen. I will have a small shot of nitrous in the mix, too.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
what did you do with your old plate???

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Posted it in the classifieds on here for a week. Had no hits, so I threw it on ebay and it sold.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
damn it haha ive been looking for the plate so i can get this damn nozzle out haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts