Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plastic quadrent removal

how in heck do you get the little piece the has the teeth on it off the clutch assembally??

there is not enough clearence to slide it off???

Reall frustrated!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
its a pain but it does come off, obviously you got the clip out.
if i recall i took some side cuts through the clutch firewall hole,
and basically broke it off. i also cut it a little with my key hole saw
with a hack saw blade on it. cant remember if that helped.
either way im pretty sure i broke it to get it off.

·
Registered
514 Posts
88gt150k said:
i also cut it a little with my key hole saw
with a hack saw blade on it.
Basically what i ended up doing. Pain in the ass to get off but it is worth it once you get your aftermarket one on. I used a steak knife(only thing i could find) but i recommend using a hacksaw and just cutting it in half. Then pull it apart and get it out of there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I pulled the pedal assembly out to put in mine. More work but no damage to the car. Drop the steering column out of the way, then the 4 bolts to the firewall. The pedals will slide out(with some effort). I usually take the gauge cluster out to ease things, helps especially when your putting the cable in. I learned this when I converted the trans, I found it easier than trying to wedge my hands up into the dash. How do you guys find the clearance to get a saw on it???
4 clutch quadrants and 3 transmissions later

·
Registered
713 Posts
DEACpe said:
I pulled the pedal assembly out to put in mine. More work but no damage to the car. Drop the steering column out of the way, then the 4 bolts to the firewall. The pedals will slide out(with some effort). I usually take the gauge cluster out to ease things, helps especially when your putting the cable in. I learned this when I converted the trans, I found it easier than trying to wedge my hands up into the dash. How do you guys find the clearance to get a saw on it???
4 clutch quadrants and 3 transmissions later
you get a keyhole saw, we use them to cut holes in drywall,
just put a hacksaw blade on it. basically you just need a handle
for a hacksaw blade. how bout a ginsoo knife.
dremmel sounds good too, you just need to cut it up enough to break it off with some needle nose pliers or whatever works

1 - 6 of 6 Posts