Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got through installing a 4 gallon intercoler resivor for my allen supercharger system. Part of the problem with most liquid filled intercooler systems is the limited capacity of coolant to absorb heat. What happens is that the coolant tempeture goes up and so dose the air charge tempeture. If you had more coolant to put heat into it would slow the rise in tempeture and make more consistant act and more power. The stock system held 3/4 of a gallon and I now have about 5 gallons of total capacity. I had the lid removed and a soild piece of allumnim welded in. I also had 2 of the an8 fittings cut out and replaced with an12 fittings. I also added a second lightning intcooler coolant pump in the trunk. I am runing a 70% distilled water 30% dexcool coolant mix. It might be possiable to install it in the driverside inner fender well because a mustangs abs is between the radiator and motor and a tbirds is between the inner fender under the battery and if a bird has abs it is impossiable to install there.

I am also adding a mark 8 oil pan to my bird to increase the oil capacity to 6 quarts. A mustang pan will not clear the kmember.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very nice install ! Aren't you asking allot of the intercooler water pump by placing the reservoir so far away ? Perhaps you could fab a tank to fit the area within the drivers side fender, you could also add a duct to put some cooling air up into the fender as well(not unlike the cold air kits that relocate the air filter to the passanger side inner fender. Just a thought.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tank

I am running 2 intercooler pumps because 1 would not be sufficent. The other one is in the trunk near the back seat. If I did not have abs I would have put the tank in the left front fender. On a tbird the abs setup sits under the battery in the left front fender and it leaves no room for a tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts