Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching from 275-50-15 drag radials.... are the 26x11.5 ET streets wider? they are going on 9" wheels. just trying to see what they'll look like(or comparing them to 10.5 ET streets)Thanks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
These are 11.5

These are 10.5

Not a very good comparison, but FWIW, the 11.5's are actually 1.3" wider on the tread. I'll never attempt to run 10.5's again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
5 3/4 back spacing

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Yup, I'd think somewhere between a 5.5"-6" BS would be ideal. I now have Draglites and my rear 9' with 5.5" BS fits about as well as the Centerlines ever did although slightly inward would be ideal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess what I was was wondering is how close the 11.5s come to rubbing the fender. My car sits pretty low. I also have the 15x9 draglites.

·
Registered
430 Posts
TC89LX,

What size rim and backspacing do you have on those rims. I bought a set of them last summer used and they stuck out past the fender well in the rear too far for me. I know they only have a few sizes for 8.5" rims. I believe the backspacing I need is a 5". The disc part of the rim is more flush to the outer lip than the ones you have, which are more recessed.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
My Warriors were 8.5" wide with the standard 5" BS.

I think on a lowered car lip rolling would almost be a must unless the suspension was very stiff back there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts