Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rebuilt 95 mustang 302. The starter is already installed and there seems to be only two wires.

I need pics of the under carriage to see which way the starter wiring is routed. Its either around the front or around the back of the engine and probably through some holes.

There is a ground strap I need to locate also. Your pics or links would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
It goes around the front, under the crank pulley on some standoffs that mount to the motor mount bolts. I'll have to dig to see if I have any pics.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
as far as your grounding straps; they go to the back of the passenger side head, the frame rail or do like I did and grab a pair of lawnmower starter cables from Wal-Mart (I think they're 2 or 4 gauge cables) for about $10 and bolt them to the K-member where that bar crosses underneath the rear of the oil pan.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ground strap I'm referring goes from under the battery to somewhere. Do you know where I find pics of this? And what is a standoff?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
not sure where you can find pictures of this area but stand offs are the plastic clips that have a "tree" that pushes into a mounting hole. the stand off is white and looks like a T where the top arms are taped against the wiring harness by electrical tape. the remaining exposed section is the tree part that pushes into a mounting hole.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
The ground strap I'm referring goes from under the battery to somewhere. Do you know where I find pics of this? And what is a standoff?
That ground strap by the battery goes from the frame rail to the driver's side motor mount. You should see a stud in place of one of the motor mount bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts