Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking seriously of deleting the stock wing on my car rather than finding another aftermarket wing for it. I've seen some pics in the past of wingless Cobras and really liked how they looked. Can some of you guys post up pics of your cars where I can see a few more of them before I make up my mind?

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only mustangs in my opinion that look good with no wings are the 99+ bodies. I've seen a few stangs and cobras from 96-98 with no wings and they look funny. All my friends here in Tallahassee with 99+ GT's and Cobra's run with no wing and it looks slick!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here is a pic of mine without the wing. I eventually put it back on a day later. It never grew on me. 99+ GT/Cobra's look damn sexy without wings though.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your posts everyone. I think I agree with Slobra281...the 99+ cars just look incredible wingless, but most of the 96-98 cars just look to me like they're missing something. I've all but decided on the S281 wing from Saleen to replace my beat-up stock wing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote: What about center caps?? Are they for birds too? j/k

-Paul

LOL, that was hilarious Paul! No offense intero........

·
Registered
398 Posts
HAHA! :)

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Re: the centercaps. I pulled them when getting new tires mounted (didn't need the tire guys gouging the crap out of them... Once they were off, I kinda liked them that way. Who knows, I also happen to really prefer the look of 96-98 Cobra's without wings. Go figure.

-Tom

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My car looks like Slobras and interos except I have 03 wheels...I don't have any webhosting anymore so I can't post pictures anymore...

If I were to add a wing ever again I think I'd go with the S281 since it flows better with the body than the stock wing...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Intero, I have to agree that those rims do look pretty cool without the caps. And yes, if anyone but you is touching the rims they'll scratch the hell out of the caps and rims when taking them off......

·
Registered
35 Posts
wingless 99

Here is a pic of my wingless 99 Cobra. I dont know if it is the best angle but it at least shows where the wing would be. I especially like being wingless because Ford only made 10 green (SW) Cobras with white tops and dark charcoal (DH) interior. I'd be willing to bet that mine is the only one of the 10 without a wing. Here is to being unique!!! :joy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts