Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sweet car! How do you like the Vortech aftercooler? I have it and am somewhat disappointed mostly because of the tiny heat exchanger. Hoping that some fans in front of it will take care of that. Get yourself a powerpipe and clean that engine:) Nice times by the way! later Ron

·
Registered
63 Posts
- Those are the seats i have, check my mods list.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys;)

These are the Corbeau forza seats. I got them for $210 ea. shippped from www.racing-seats-usa.com They are very comfortable, better than the stock seats.

I really like my aftercooler. Since I put it on I switched to a 3.48" pulley and picked up around 35-40hp and 40 ft lb tq. I bought the kit used and he upgraded the heat exchanger. It is alot bigger, you cant see it in the pics above but it goes across the entire hole where the front fender is (fog light to fog light).

I didnt know my friend was going to take a pic of the engine or I would have cleaned it :eek:

My mods:
The interior that you see
Raptor shift light
Autometer boost & fuel guage
Battery relocated

Vortech sq w/ aftercooler & 3.48" pulley
42 lb injectors
90mm lmaf
Tuned by Jerry

Steeda tri ax
Aluminum driveshaft
Torque boxes welded up
Superior axles
Eaton posi

QA1 k-member
90/10's w/ stock springs up front
X2C rear drag kt in the rear
Steeda subframes & crossbrace

BBK longtubes & X-pipe
Borla exhaust

ET Streets & ET drag up front

:D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sweet ride! I'm really hoping for 11s myself on my daily driver. What kind of power is it making?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe347R6 said:
Sweet ride! I'm really hoping for 11s myself on my daily driver. What kind of power is it making?
Here you go....:D

Clutch was slipping. I still need to get rid of this stocker.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That is a sweet ride dude...... depending on how loud your car is and how loud the whine of the superchargers, them slowmaros would never know what hit em.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very nice setup man!! That is quite the sleeper:eek: How well does hookup on the street?? Have you ever ran street tires at the track??

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Sweet man,

Is that a 5 or 6 point bar??? Looked like 6, but I thought you said 5...

Anyways, where did you get it from?? I can't find anywhere around here that does em :eek:

You got a nice ride there :)

-Will

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm looking to get a cage for my car, 6pt. and was wondering if yours is a off the shelf cage or custom? Do you know if the swing out bars can be attached at a point closer to the floor to keep the post out of the way? Also, and the rear cross bar be remove? Is it legal to have it removeble?

Thanks. Very sweet ride!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is a 8 point rollbar from S&W racecars. I paid like $240 shipped for all the bars. A friend and I put it together, I had to make him accept $50 for the welding. I spent another $48 for paint. It wasnt that hard just had to do a few angle cuts and make the rear bars shorter.

You can make the swingout bars a little lower but the problem was that the instructions say to weld the bars first then cut the bars and notch and weld the tabs. So when you cut you get close to the floor board. Also I think if we went much lower it wouldnt open all the way.

The rear crossbar cant be removable. Thanks for the compliments guys. I will put pics up of the prep job.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Very nice, now just replace that stock plenum.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts