Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been alot of talk about which headgasket is better. I just picked up a set of Ford Motorsport Expanded Graphite Headgaskets,, and thought it would be a good idea to take some pics and post em before I install em.. My first impression is these gaskets look a ton better then the felpro's. Better Webbing and Stronger fire ring.

Like I said just thought I'd post some pics so whomever can make there own decisions.

Last pic is of my lifter galley! Gotta Love Synthetics!

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
neat

how bout a unused gasket next time :)

anyhoo, i have 199,000 miles on mine, i have put synthetic in it 2-3 times, but not any more than that, and my lifter valley is just as nice.
i also have visible crosshatch in all 8 holes, last time i checked anyway :)

synthetic my sound great, and is certainly better, but i you just take care of yer stuff, you dont have to waste your money on it. use prolong :)

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Cool pics! Plus, Mobil 1, or nothing for me. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Those look good, I went with ROL head gaskets and they looked sweet too. My lifter valley looked that good and all I run is Castrol.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Structurally I see little to no difference...minus the fact that a new gasket is being compared to a used one. My lifter valley also looked real good when I rebuilt my motor, and I didn't change the oil for over 10k miles because I knew I was rebuilding it ;)
8548pt2 are good enough for me since gaskets don't blow gaskets, poor tunes blow gaskets ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Structurely they are mutch better,, sorry for the used vs. new gasket,, But I dont much feel like go buying new gaskets just for pics

Anyway,, as you can see FRPP uses webbing that ties all the fire rings together threwout the gasket,, where as the felpro is just a ring and thats it.

just holding the gasket in my hand I can see the FRP is much more rigid in terms or strengh,, probably mostly because the FRP uses stsinless steel instead of cheap tin like in the 8548's

Well anyway just tried to show what they look like,, alot of people had great success with the 8548-PT2 and thats great, not shooting no flames at them at all,, I'm just looking for something a lil better,, yes I did blow 2 gaskets and yes I was running a very aggressive tune,, but thats where blower cars run best. So I want something that might,, and I specify "MIGHT" handle a bit more.. Guess I shall soon see! lol

Brad

·
Registered
112 Posts
TRAXX said:
Whats the part # on those Ford gaskets?
:) I changed Fird to Ford. I agree, those look good! When I called Ford they said they didn't know what I was talking about

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thoses gaskets are like 60 to 70 bucks from svo. I pay like 28 bucks from Ford. the part nuber is F1ZZ-6051-A. Try to get them at cost plus 10.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I personally think of a head gasket as a fuse. If you blow them that tells me somethings wrong. Just my 02.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts