Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1999 red svt cobra her in town with just over 4,000 miles on it!!! I'm going to go buy it tomorrow. I'm having to pay a little over blue book for it but I think it will be worth it to have a reliable factory quick car. I currently have a fox body but can't seem to stop spending money on it. The cobra is completely bone stock owned by a near 70 year old man so I know it was well taken care of. I am looking forward to becoming a proud cobra owner!!! And look forward to being part of this forum!

·
Registered
10,179 Posts
welcome to the club..i have a rio red 99 cobra! they are fantastic cars man!
Ken

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I can't wait!!! Its going to be awesome!!! Like I said, I'm going to have to pay for it but I believe its worth it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
kinda surprising he is asking a little over blue book. usually an old guy like that wouldnt care about the price.

I just found a red cobra 2001 here. the guy is moving out of town. claims 40K miles and only wants 7500 so I'm going to try to contact him and see whats up, not to mention he is asking a little over half the KBB

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you mean a slippery slope??? I picked it up today. Runs great and has nice power too. Only problem so far is I went and filled it up and gas started pouring out. The Filler neck seal at the tank was cracked and leaking. I hope thats it for a while. I'll post up some pix of the car here soon. Even came with a mag that had the SVT vs. the Camaro. From april of 99

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maynor = speaks the truth. However, it is an incredibly fun addiction. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
kinda surprising he is asking a little over blue book. usually an old guy like that wouldnt care about the price.

I just found a red cobra 2001 here. the guy is moving out of town. claims 40K miles and only wants 7500 so I'm going to try to contact him and see whats up, not to mention he is asking a little over half the KBB

The one in A2, right? I saw that as well on Craiglist...figured something must have been wrong with it (?).

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Slap a set of 4.30 gears in it. A decent shifter too. Then just enjoy it. Congrats. Then after you realise that the IRS nneds some help but Bruce's bushing kit and get rid of ALL the rubber back there.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Really check that filler neck, ive seen em rot out quite frequently. I just replaced one on my buddys 00GT. It wouldn't have been so bad except he filled the tank....

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha so did I. Had to pull the small tube next to the filler and siphon it. Took forever. Oh and then you have to pull the tank to get it out. Not too much fun. Car runs awesome though.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I broke the antisiphon/rollover protection valve on the fuel inlet. I ended up taking it off the end. Do you think I will have issues???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts