Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings Guys...Had to share my excitement as I just picked up my new Vortec V2SQ Reinhart Spec Tuner Kit from DaSilva's Motorsports in Toronto, and I am stoked.

I do have a few questions. Firstly, Do I want to run a Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge or a Boost and Air/Fuel Gauge...I have had each recommended to me. Some say that the Air/Fuel is just a light show, but others say that when hooked up properly, it will give all the info. that I need.

Also, what do I need as far as fittings go to be able to run the stock oil pressure, and Autometer oil pressure, and the Oil Line for my Vortec. I already have a Tee in the spot where the Vortec oil line is suppose to install. Can I just Tee in again, and cap the one end?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
~Darren
PS: Here is my new kit for any who may be interested

·
Registered
186 Posts
Darren, that looks AMAZIN. Congrats buddy. From what I was told, just get Boost and Fuel guages. I dont think it will hurt to get a third though. This is all I know. Good luck, hope everything goes well for you.

I started saving for mine..

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump...still looking for input on gauges...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dude, The kit looks nice. You will be happy with the blower. Go with a boost and fuel pressure gauge. Don't take advice from the person who told you to get a a/f gauge over fp. later Ron

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have all 3, boost, fuel pressure and A/F. I personally like them all, hey gotta have the lightshow for da women.:p

·
Registered
352 Posts
:eek:

That looks sweet! I love the polished look, I'm going to do mine myself. They say it is a pain but I got some time before it gets nice outside and I put the Vortech in.

Get the FP and the boost. I got the a/f for now, because the FP is like 200 bucks. If you get the fuel pressure, get electrical and not mechanical. If you do get mechanical, you should get an isolator so you don't have pressurized fuel in the passenger compartment. I'll probably switch to a fuel pressure as soon as I can.

Get autometers! I went with the Ultra-Lites, but it's your preference that matters. You can usually get a good price on ebay if you e-mail some of the sellers and ask for a package price. I got the pod, a/f, and boost for 125 shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts