Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. So i've read about swapping the PI intake and picking up some nice gains (which i did, it is a good thing) and on top of that PI cams are another cheap mod that gives some great bang for the buck horsepower on our 96-98 GTs. However, I know that once you swap the intake and cams the tune goes to crap. Someone please tell me why this won't work. Can the 99+ GT's computer be swapped to interface with the 96-98 GTs? Second idea. How about flashing the 99+ GT's tune to the 98s? What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
along with a returnless fuel system (where 96-98 has the return style)

i was thinking that also, great idea though

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think you'd be better off spending $500 on a dynotune. Although I dont know why any car would be running poorly by just swapping a PI intake/cam. Only thing i've ever heard is that the mixture tends to need a little leaning out.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i would think if you needed to lean out the mixture, wouldnt installing a adjustable fuel pressure regulator help? you could lean it out by lowering the fuel press.
I dont know if that would totally fix it, but it could help. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
268 Posts
oh one thing i forgot, i know that the 98's have a fpr integrated into the fuel rail, coulndt you just buy some 96-97 fuel rails, and buy a bbk adj. fpr? i would think that would work but once again just something that could be tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts