Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have eibach sportlines and tokico 5-ways. what setting do you guys have these shocks/struts set at, and why? shouldnt the rears be set softer than the fronts? thanks...

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have mine set on 3, front and back, when i am just riding around, but it's more fun on 5 front and back :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
mine are set at "4" all around. To be honest, I really haven't spent a great deal of time playing with them. And I haven't had a chance to go auto-xing lately. I picked setting 4 because the premium struts/shocks are equivalent to a "3" setting, so I just went a notch up for now.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
252 Posts
danmatar said:
mine are set at "4" all around. To be honest, I really haven't spent a great deal of time playing with them. And I haven't had a chance to go auto-xing lately. I picked setting 4 because the premium struts/shocks are equivalent to a "3" setting, so I just went a notch up for now.
Ditto.
Setting them at 5 - well it's for asportier ride around corners.

Experiment and see what works best for you ... daily commute or spirited weekend driver?

·
Registered
493 Posts
3 in the front and 2 in the rear. At the track I change the front to 1.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It depends on what springs you are using. I'm using H&R supersports which are about 750 in the front and 280 in the back. With these rates, I have found 5 in the front and 4 in the back to be perfect. What are the spring rates on the sportlines?

Ken

·
Registered
448 Posts
3 in front and 2 in back for a plush ride. 5X5 for fun in the corners. I had 5ways and a Pro-Kit. You really need to use your butt-o-meter to see what feels best for you.

·
Registered
998 Posts
KenB said:
It depends on what springs you are using. I'm using H&R supersports which are about 750 in the front and 280 in the back. With these rates, I have found 5 in the front and 4 in the back to be perfect. What are the spring rates on the sportlines?

Ken
I have the Supersports also, and mine are set to 5f/4r. With a typical Mustang set up, you want the front one notch stiffer than the rear. Also note that a softer shock setting will not necessarily mean a better ride. If you set them too soft, they won't be able to control the springs and the ride will be too bouncy. Unless you are drag racing, they should never be set to 1, front OR rear. I'm not sure what the sportline rates are, but try 4f/3r and 5f/4r and see which one you like better.

I'm an engineer for Tokico BTW. I do shock tuning and design on some our OEM applications.

·
Registered
643 Posts
J98GT said:

I'm an engineer for Tokico BTW. I do shock tuning and design on some our OEM applications.
Do you mind if I ask what settings would you recommend for my setup?
I have H&R race spring: 750-850 front and 260-280 rear.
Usually I drive it 5 in all 4 corners, but recently based on the similar thread on stangnet I set front to 4, accordingly to the info that was posted it should cure all Mustangs inhereted undesteer. I can't be 100%sure, but I was very satisfied with my weekend 3 hours spirited driving trip through some twisties, it seemed like the car turns into corners much easier.
Thanks in advance.

And one more - what settings do you guys use at the strip?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts