Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my nitrous kit for about a year. I started with a 75 shot and then went up to the 100 shot. I had 8* of timing, and autolie 24 plugs gapped at .040. This spring/summer I am thinking of going up to a 125 shot and leaving it at that. What I want to know is what else should I do? I have a msd 6al. I am thinking the following: Upgraded fuel pump to 195 or 255lph, Autolite 23 plugs (2 degrees colder) gapped at about .035??? And some type of ignition retard to back it off when I use nitrous. Can anyone think of what else I can to do to assure it is running at its best?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Leave the plug heat as is, but definately have them gapped for the gas.

I'd strongly recommend a larger fuel pump, too. Take the timing down about 5-6* from what it is on motor, and you should be good to go.

If you're going to the track and want to be sure you won't pop, add a couple gallons of race gas.

Good luck with it all! I used to have the Zex dry kit, that thing was awesome. I ended up drilling out the nitrous jet and got 13 mph out of it, so it was probably a 140-150 shot haha.

Arron

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
you know for about half the price of zex you can build your own wet kit, 50-300hp easy...

·
Registered
956 Posts
When I bought my kit, I traded some Eibach drag springs for it. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
dang......thats was a great deal!!!! want to do some trading for me?....lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
Haha I got lucky with that, it had come off of a V6 ranger first, then it went to a 5.0, then onto my car. I sold it to another mustang guy and its still going strong.

I got a lot of **** for having an Import kit, remember this was about 2 years ago or so, but that thing worked flawlessly for me.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what should I gap the plugs at? .035?? And what size fuel pump should I run? is 155 enough or should I go 195 or even 255? Also, I was told 8* of timing should be enough for 125 shot

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
SloPony91 said:
what should I gap the plugs at? .035?? And what size fuel pump should I run? is 155 enough or should I go 195 or even 255? Also, I was told 8* of timing should be enough for 125 shot
The rule of thumb isremove 2* of timming for every 50hp. Thats from where you car is initially set, not the stock10*. So if you have your timming set at 16* for the 125hp shot I would back it down to 10 or 11*. Just make sure to listen for detination. Also if you're gonna swap the fp might as well slap a 255 in there.

P.S. I sprayed 125 with the stock fuel pump with no problems

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, timing now is 14* and it dont even ping with 89 fuel, but Ill drop it to 8* cuase I know im safe and sound

1 - 9 of 9 Posts