Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was under the impression the only choice of rocker style on my GT-40 irons is the pedestal mounted ones... the reason i ask, a friend purchased some gt-40Y heads and was wanting to buy my cam and rockers... and mine are pedestal, so will mine fit his needs or does he need to go stud/guideplate... the ford catalog just says bolt down??... also im wanting to change my ratio rocker and go to 1.6:1, with just a bigger cam, and i kinda wanted to go with guideplates and studs... well what do you guys have to say?! thanks for any POSITIVE opinions or recommendations, i appreciate them all. thanks guys

Corey

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Also, what do you mean by changing to 1.6:1 ? That is the stock pedestal mount rocker ratio on a 5.0 HO..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, well the rockers i have now are 1.72:1, and judging from my research, the lower ratios are much easier on the valve guides and i guess the valvetrain as a whole... so im wanting to just get a bigger bumpstick, and take the load off the valvetrain by using a lesser ratio... im sorry i wasnt clear enough earlier... if any other info is needed for anyone to give me the proper advice just say so... thanks guys

corey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts