Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing my Crane Cobra roller rockers and while tourqing one down I heard a snap, and it wasn't the usual sound of the torque wrench. I pulled it off to look at it and the pedestal is split right in two.......argh....and I was almost done.

Anyone know where (if) I could get just the pedestal?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Crane sells the pedestals seperately. Your local shop, or Summit can get you a set. Try to determine why it broke before you install a new set, or you may be replacing them again.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Is there any chance you had the rocker wrong? What I mean is that inside the rocker you have the part that rotates. The flay end should face up and the round end goes down. I sure you know that but, I busted one like that by putting one on upside down.

Got my replacement from a Ford dealer. Its a stock piece on a 94-95 cobra. Cost like 12.00 and got it in 1 day.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why it cracked. I might have had the fulcrum backwards...I was on the last two and might have gotten in a hurry to finish up.
That's good to know that you can get them from a dealer. I will check tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would guess you had it backwards. I did the same thing, like I said. It was late, I was tired and just didnt notice till I torqued it down. Then I heard the pop!.

Its no biggie to replace it. In fact the dealer is the easist way to get you hands on one in my experience.

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
I just bought some GT40 irons used and 9 of the fulcrums were cracked i'm guessing for overtorque or over reving. In any case I bought all new ones from ford they were less the 3$ each for the 2 fulcrums and the tray thing they sit on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts