Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to make 350-375 at the crank. Motor is going to be 10.1 comp, 1 5/8 long tubes, anderson n21 or tfs 1 cam-not sure yet, weiand xcellerator single plane with a 650 dp carb. Motor is going in a Sunbeam Tiger if anyone knows what that is-valve covers are tight in the firewall with stock low profiles on so no chance of stud mounts. I'm thinking some AFR 165'S part #1472-anything better out there or is that it ? Thanks Marty

· Old timer
7,028 Posts
Reactions: cw50

· Old timer
7,028 Posts
Thanks Ed-i didn't realize they made the 185's in pedestal mount. I might do a 306 so i guess i'd lean more towards the 165's i presume.
The 185s and the correct peripherals...

It's scare ya..

· Registered
399 Posts
Another Carol Shelby creation, although he got screwed out of the assembly contract. Mark I or II?

· Registered
930 Posts
Another Carol Shelby creation, although he got screwed out of the assembly contract. Mark I or II?
If the movie ( ford vs ferrari) was any where close, seems to me that must of happened alot in the car business.. Ford II sure did ( in the movie) flip flop multiple times on what he said he would do....
Although I have read articles that Beebe was a much nicer guy than was portrayed.. The articles did say that it was hard to find info on Beebe, as everyone around him are long time dead.
An older guy ( like me) drives a red tiger to the coffee shop here locally, occasionally..

· Registered
399 Posts
Mark 1.5 it's a '66
I like it. They are so much smaller in person than they look in pictures. If memory serves, they use an ultra low profile intake manifold, or they just appeared that way to me. Do you need to use the original or are there other options?

· Registered
1986 Mustang 5.0 5 speed coupe
1,472 Posts
Don't get caught up in the "big port heads are to much for a 302". I'm running TEA 205CNC Twisted Wedge heads on a stock shortblock, stock SD HO roller cam retarded 4degrees, mildly ported GT40 lower and Explorer upper. Even with the stock 55mm mass air meter and stock 60mm TB along with 3.08 gears, it makes a TON of low end Torque! I can short shift at 1500 in every gear and it never lugs down or bucks. Traction in 1st and 2nd gear is useless on street tires and those are brand new 16in Hancook tires mounted on pony wheels. That's just from punching it from a roll, never dumping the clutch.

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it. They are so much smaller in person than they look in pictures. If memory serves, they use an ultra low profile intake manifold, or they just appeared that way to me. Do you need to use the original or are there other options?
Yes the 2bbl intake is low-the xccelerator is about as low of a performance intake i could
find. I wish i could run an air gap rpm, but no way under the stock hood

· Old timer
7,028 Posts
What about the Holley Street Dominator? :cool:

· Old timer
7,028 Posts
You need to "give" the car to a much smaller person... hint :LOL:

Reactions: ndmp40

· Registered
399 Posts
That thing is going to be scary (scary) fast with a 331 and decent H/C/I.

Reactions: Bentley
1 - 20 of 27 Posts