Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after completing most of the preventative maintenance on my just-bought '93 LX 5.0, I got to R & R'n the pcv valve (which has always been the simplest thing to do on all my previous wheels). the pic in the chilton's guide isn't too precise, but it looks like the valve attaches to the rear of the intake manifold, right near the firewall. which means i have to remove a ton of crap just to get to it?!?!?!? HELP. any insider's info on the easiest way to get to this pup would save me from more gray hairs, or am i way off on the location. thanks thanks thanks.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No, you've got the location right. It goes in to a hole in the lower intake manifold. But it's not as bad to get to as you think. I can get a new one in without removing anything but the old one. If you have to, you can always remove the upper intake. That only takes about 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the valve visible w/out removing anything or do I need a mirror. I really can't spot the sum'***** w/ all the cables, etc... in the the area. do you find it by feel, or what's the catch. apologies for so many ??? on such a simple item, but that makes it even more annoying.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, your best bet is to feel around back there. I comes out fairly easily though, and it usually pulls out with the hose it's attached to.

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Just to show you the relationship of where the LCV is on the lower intake, here's a pic.

See the Large port on the far right dead center of each lower intake? That's where it plugs in to the lower.

Just a little advice. Motorcraft PCV's are straight up and down while many aftermarket PCV's put a 90* bend in the neck. Old PCV hose doesn't bend too easily so sometimes they pop out if you use the angled PCV. I prefer to use motorcraft PCV'c because the hose is bent correctly for them. Just a bit of advice

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Better pic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a million to all - that last picture was exactly what I needed. can't thank you enough for your time in replying!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts