Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, decided to get started tonight on putting them in my 95 GT.
very easy, and had to do very minimal grinding on one ear of the spindle. The brake lines swap right over. No problem at all, just change the banjo bolt. Definitely buy new crush washers to avaoid leakage. I will post pics soon. If you have any specific questions, email me at the link below.

Gary

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Did you swap master cylinders as well? Was wondering how the pedal feel is using the 1-1/8" vs. the 1" ...

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only things swapped were the calipers, brackets and banjo bolts. I reused everthing else. The brake lines bolted right up. Absolutely no problems EXCEPT one act of stupidity. I had all the pieces except new crush washers, so i reused the old ones. Went ok on the driver side, but the passenger side said "no way",. So my job today is to find crush washers for the passenger side, then i am rolling. Bleeding was a breeze. I had never done it before, and was a bit apprhensive, but dont worry about it at all.

Oh yeah, I have ss hoses coming from summit, so i will install them and bleeders next week.

Where can I get crush washers.

Gary

·
Registered
464 Posts
they should come with the new brake lines

·
Banned
718 Posts
I did the swap myself last winter. I am very happy with it.

After the Install.

GT vs Cobra.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got them on, bled and all seems well. I did have a little trouble on the passenge side. I had to grind the caliper a bit so that the stock 95 line would fit on the passenger side. I also had ot use 3 washers on this side. No biggie though.

I have two questions.

1) Should I bleed them again after a certain time period?

2) They seem to be heating up pretty good. Is that normal at first? I jacked the car up after the first test drive, and the wheels moved pretty freely. There was some resistance, but not a huge amount. Is that normal. Any tips that I can look for to make sure everything goes well?

Gary

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did you happen to have a part number for the new banjo bolts?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Now I am doing the reverse to run skinnies. What do I need? What parts are different from the GT to Cobra? Did you have to change the hub also?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts