Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello mustang family..I am looking for some advice for a friend who has1998 cobre...Ok here is the deal:
We have a 1998 cobra 4.6 stock engine.
He added: 4.10 rear pinion drive
T45 five speed
2 1/2 no cats straight muffler into 2 chamber flowmaster
Exhaust manifold is stock on the cobra
They bought a novi 2000 supercharger, that came with no computer chips, no big injectors, no fuel enrichment unit, only brackets.
Now, for what I know about blowers, they need big fuel injectors, something like 34 to 38 lbs, a better fuel pump ( 255 gph), better headers (shorty equal lenght), a chip with a recalibration for use a 77 mm stock air fuel meter and 34 pounds injectors and , also al FMU (fuel managment unit) that controls the fuel return line so at more boost more fuel pressure, and also an ignition retarding unit for DIS ignition systems.
All of this assuming that we would not go over 9 pounds of boost, because we have an almost 11.2: 1 compression ratio.
Can somebody help me about this? any hints, links expirience..etc...please hit mea and correct me if I am wrong..I am all ears.
Thanks for your kind help guys.
Pablo Clare
autotek
Costa Rica

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The 99 Cobra that's in my sig used 42 lb injectors. 255 lph fuel pump, a lightning MAF, completely stock exhaust, and a Paxton Novi 1000, and it put down 455.5 rwhp. I also had a chip. You should go with a chip so you can ditch the FMU.

Do you have a worked motor? My car had 9.85:1 compression ratio. 11.2:1 is pretty high.

Also, if the tranny is a 6-speed, it's a t-56. The t-45 comes in 5-speed only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts