Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 98 GT with 2000 engine, no biggie. I changed my 98 PCM (for 5 speed) for a 98 PCM (for automatic). Since the PCM was changed, will PATS keep me from starting this car?

My understanding is that the PATS is made for the key and that specific computer/PCM that the car come with, is that correct?

So another words, if I had a DBZ1 PCM before and now have a DBZ2 computer..... will the car start?

Any ideas?

Tks,
Tim

P.S. I have a 96 PCM (for automatic) but decided to not use it.... if anyone wants to buy it, lemme know :)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon..... surely someone knows the answers to this... help me out here.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if the pcm is brand new then yes! but you'll need two ign. keys, then you have to put the 1st key in and turn it to the on position(do not start) count 2 sec. off, then turn the key off and put the 2nd key in and turn to the on position, count 2 sec. then turn off. then they'll be programmed for that pcm and you can start it.
if the pcm is used then you'll need to take your car to the dealer and they will need to erase the previous keys from the pcms memory and program them.
new=yes
used=no
Leon

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
46stang said:
if the pcm is brand new then yes! but you'll need two ign. keys, then you have to put the 1st key in and turn it to the on position(do not start) count 2 sec. off, then turn the key off and put the 2nd key in and turn to the on position, count 2 sec. then turn off. then they'll be programmed for that pcm and you can start it.
if the pcm is used then you'll need to take your car to the dealer and they will need to erase the previous keys from the pcms memory and program them.
new=yes
used=no
Leon
Thank you... I'll just get my autologic chip to bypass that POS device :) I appreciate the info tho!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.