Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this swap has been done thousands of times, just wondering if I could get an idea of what parts I will need? My heads are stock, and I am also installing 70mm BBK TB. Should I change up my MAF? I would like to, but do I have to? I will also be changing out all hoses, piping that bolts up, etc. Thanks all.

PS.- I have spent way too much time searching for this, that is why the stupid question.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The TB and EGR spacer is about all that you need. You dont have to change your MAM unless you're stepping up to bigger injectors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am replacing the stock injectors, but still keeping them 19lbs. My stock injectors are leaking (out of what appears to be a weep hole) which is the hole reason for the swap. I figure if I need to pull off the top, might as well do the whole swap. The Edelbrock has just been waiting for the right motivation.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
To replace your lower intake, you'll need these parts:

a/c and fuel line disconnect tools (about $20 from parts store)

lower intake gaskets (your new intake should come with an upper to lower gasket)

TB and EGR gaskets (for your new throttle body)

RTV Silicone (I usually use the Permatex blue or black)

Gasket scraper (I use a razor blade scraper)

Oil/filter and coolant

Some other things that you may want to consider changing while you've got it apart are:

thermostat

pcv valve and pcv screen located in the rear of the lower intake

plugs/wires/cap and rotor

inspect and replace any vacuum hose or water hose if needed

Hopefully I did not miss anything

Good luck
Casey

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
C. Johnson said:
To replace your lower intake, you'll need these parts:

a/c and fuel line disconnect tools (about $20 from parts store)

Why would you need an a/c line disconnect tool? Didn't have to disconnect my a/c line for my Cobra install........:confused:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
cevtv said:
Why would you need an a/c line disconnect tool? Didn't have to disconnect my a/c line for my Cobra install........:confused:
Those tools are also used for fuel lines. Yes you can do a lower intake install without disconnecting fuel lines but it makes it simpler.

Casey

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
C. Johnson said:
Those tools are also used for fuel lines. Yes you can do a lower intake install without disconnecting fuel lines but it makes it simpler.

Casey
Oh yeah.....I forgot about that double ended line tool. I am used to the round fuel line tool. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts