Ford Mustang Forums banner

Part Review: Windsor Fox Timing Cover/Water Pump Bolt Kit

689 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Blk88GT 
#1 ·
Well the UPS guy dropped them off today...

They are very nice!! I can't wait to get my mind of recent events and get the car runing again!

However my only beef is that they charged me 18$ for shipping/handling.....the box was only 6"x6" and the box weighed like 1lb or less...

but so far 2 Thumbs up....they better all fit or I'll call them and get my 75$ back!

#4 ·
Where is UPR when you need them?
Probably out copying someone elses part so they can sell it and call it their own :rolleyes:

#5 ·
stang9: www.windsorfox.com

Expensive but I think its worth it.....considering how all thoes OEM bolts are 1/2 way rusted out!

#7 ·
Good luck...
I ordered the complete 302 ARP kit (a good 5 years ago) from summit. Only about 30% of the bolts were right. I had to call ARP direct, but damn if they didn't simply say "what size do you need, sir?" I didn't have to ship back any of the wrong ones and they sent me probably 50 to 60 different bolts, nuts, etc. free. They did not make (at that time) anything close to the waterpump bolts since it's basicly a long stud with a built in nut.... although I guess I could have asked for just that, a long stud and an 1/8" flat nut.... I was only looking for the main dress up bolts, valve covers, intake, throttle body, oil pan, etc...

#9 ·
HELMUT RONER said:
The only timing cover bolt kit ARP makes is for older 289/302/351W engines. They will not work in the Fox or SN95 timing covers. Certain bolts will fit, but not the entire kit.
and thats Exactly why I got this kit :)....expensive but EVERYTHING is here!!!

#10 ·
I ordered a complete engine bolt kit from arp through summit and half of them didnt work. Engine bolt kits, what a waste of money. Now I have half nice and pretty arp and half whatever I could find that would work.

#11 ·
Here is a tip and I can go down to the shop and get all the correct n umbers from ARP for you. But just call 'em and tell em u bought a 302 kit and they will ask you what size you need (they only come in 1/4 " increments) and mail them out to you. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.