Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DONT KNOW WHY BUT FOR SOME REASON MY PARKING BREAK LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON. AT FIRST IT WAS ONLY WHEN I WOULD REALLY GET ON IT BUT NOW IT WILL COME ON WHEN I JUST SHIFT FROM 2ND TO 3RD. ANYONE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM??? WHAT COULD THIS BE???

·
Banned
89 Posts
how's it going, I don't if you found the answer to your problem yet, but try looking at the brake fluid level if ok check your master cylinder for leaks, could be going bad. I get several cars a month with same problem and we replace their master cylinder and the brake light never comes on again.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
You are low on brake fluiid. When you get on it hard, or brake hard, The fluid sloshes around and reveals the sensor. Add more fluid and problem fixed

·
Registered
660 Posts
parking break light

If your fluid level is good, then the sensor is bad. Try replacing the sensor. Easily found at the junk yard on numerous of cars with the plastic type resevoir. Good luck. I had to replace mine and it is fine!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could be many thing man, it sounds like simply low fluid, but if its not, could be somethng as simple as a loose sensor or wire, or a bad one. if all else fails buy a new master cylinder. and if that doesn't work take out the freek'n bulb from behind the panel. lol, j/k hack work never pays. do it right, a brand new sensor from ford wouldn't run you much if it ends in that. good luck

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Lets start with some corrections.

First brakes as in a car is spelled B R A K E S.

Break is to take time off or to have damaged something.

Watch the grammar.

Second, THE CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE YELLING AND IT DRIVES PEOPLE NUTS. turn them off.

For the problem, there is only 2 ways to trip that dash light. There is a sensor in the MC reservior (so check the fluid level) and at the base of the Ebrake handle. If the MC reservior seems fine, uplug the sensor. If the light is still on, then pull the center console to inspect the sensor at the base of the handle.

·
Registered
660 Posts
break/brake

OKAY COLLEGE PROFESSOR, NO BODY IS PERFECT, NOT EVEN YOU. IF YOU HAVE TO CRITICIZE, DON'T EVEN REPLY.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: break/brake

psychoII said:
OKAY COLLEGE PROFESSOR, NO BODY IS PERFECT, NOT EVEN YOU. IF YOU HAVE TO CRITICIZE, DON'T EVEN REPLY.
He is just trying to help you, not criticize you. Again turn off the caps. If you want good advise, Matt is one of the few around here to get it from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank for all the responses, would like to add that there are some real ******** on this site and shouldnt post if there gonna give an attitude. and for the grammar teacher complaining about the spelling and caps SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Re: Re: break/brake

CraigBlackCoupe said:
He is just trying to help you, not criticize you. Again turn off the caps. If you want good advise, Matt is one of the few around here to get it from.
I do not need help with my spelling, I went to school a long time ago, even graduated college, I need help with my car. If he wasn't trying to criticize, then why even mention it. I appreciate Matt's help, but I do not need spelling lessons.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Think about this. It is free advice. Take it as it comes.

You got the tech, but your edicate is way off base.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
LOL, Man what a can of worms you opened. Most of the time when I have spelling errors, I just don't go back and fix them because I'm lazy. As for the caps, I'm glad someone told him to tone it down. LOL

Brandon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts