Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,053 Posts
Can you PM me some more information about the setup that these heads were intended for use on? 302 or larger? cam? flywheel or rearwheel hp that was expected? max RPM for intended use? more for street or racing---or best mix of both? I'd like to make a significant jump up from my ported GT40 heads right before I add a supercharger and I think these would put me over 500rwhp (with a Vortech V3) but the car is street driven more than it is track tested.
thanks
Joe

· Registered
1,418 Posts
Can you PM me some more information about the setup that these heads were intended for use on? 302 or larger? cam? flywheel or rearwheel hp that was expected? max RPM for intended use? more for street or racing---or best mix of both? I'd like to make a significant jump up from my ported GT40 heads right before I add a supercharger and I think these would put me over 500rwhp (with a Vortech V3) but the car is street driven more than it is track tested.
thanks
Joe

it would cost you more in porting alone to duplicate these heads. a 302 with boost would be fine, or NA on a 331+. if you could get $400 out of your heads, you could be running these for around $1000..... which is still $250 less than the OTB 170cc version. i would say these are likely 205s since they still have the 2.02 valve. there is probably $2500+ tied up in these, with porting and aftermarket hardware. buy them, spend $150 getting them cleaned and measured......install and enjoy. with gears and proper cam design, these would probably still make decent power down low on a bolt-on 302 NA.

bump for a smokin deal, really wish i had $1250 to blow right now:curses:

· Registered
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Basically what was said above by 87FOX50 ;)

They were on a friend of mine's car for years, a 347, Vortech T Trim car with nitrous. He blew a head gasket, had the heads fixed, and did some bigger T.E.A. heads while he was doing his turbo setup, while the car was down. Car ran [email protected] on basically it's only 1/4 mile trip ever with the blower/n20, his 1/8 mile times ended up being faster at a different time, fast enough that the car could have ran 8's with these heads. It ran bottom 6's in the 1/8 on blower alone, and could have gone faster with a different converter.

He sold them to another guy, who put them on a 425W, that car had a tappet cam, and wiped the lobe right off the bat, and they gave up on it after it only basically running a couple miles (long story, but Comp tech support told them something retarded, and it killed the cam/lifter right off the getgo), I bought that car last year, parted it out, kept the heads/trans and other stuff for a bit, then ended up selling them to a friend of mine. He didnt run them (he has ALOT of projects lol), and traded them back towards my supercharged 98 GT in a big trade we did. He didnt need the heads since the trade involved him giving me the car he was going to run the heads on anyway.

They barely have any use at all since being freshened up, like literally a couple miles or less. The heads arent going to hurt anything on the street, especially on a blower car.

Price is slightly obo as well. I just have no use for them right now, but that could change at any moment, depending on what car I find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.