Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where has the majority of people gotten their P&P done? Did you buy the heads already done or did you pull yours and send them in? And what cam are you running with them? How much? Any complete kits for it?

Last time I had any P&P work done was on my old '95 and I pulled everything and sent it in.

Thanx,
John

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was doing a complete build up (forged bottom end) on my t-bird and decided that since I had already swapped a 99gt motor in to just buy new PI's and send them out.

Jason Steen at Steen Racing ported my PI's and they flow and look beautiful. A good buddy of mine got his done by Fox Lake and they flow with 2% of each other. Jason (at the time for labor including valve job) charged $600 bucks without shipping.

I am going to start a Fox body- Mod motor project this summer and he will get my next set of heads also. The customer service is simply great, you call Steen and you talk to Jason, and if not, he calls back as soon as he can, which is pretty damn quick.

I've seen PI's from a couple of co's though and they all look and flow great: TEA, Fox Lake, Steen, Renegade, etc.

Call around and talk and see who you feel comfortable with and what fits your budget for $ to flow amount.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm sending PI heads to Head's Up racing in Lumberton, NC. Recommended by Parkway Ford in Adairsville, GA, where I got my heads and intake. I'm going to get a street/strip job with some bowl work to decrease the compresson ratio. Cost: $650 with $25 each takedown and install, total estimate, $750 plus shipping.

Pitchar

·
Registered
582 Posts
My heads were done by T&J Performance. Send yours in to be ported or purchase a new set from them to be ported, either way you want to do it.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
My heads are at Renegade Racing in Michigan getting done right now. I just got my Bullitt intake back from them, and it looks great. Can't wait to see the heads. His pricing is right with what you would expect all of the other reputable shops to be, like Fox Lake, etc. I was recommended to Renegade by Jerry of SCT, so that was a big factor in my decision, because he knows his stuff. Jim's email is [email protected] Get in touch with him for a quote.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
micool thanx, but I think T&J's site is down right now.

I'll email them tommorrow Brandon, a personal vote of confidance goes a long way when it comes to shops.

John

·
Registered
582 Posts
NIUPonyBoy said:
micool thanx, but I think T&J's site is down right now.

I'll email them tommorrow Brandon, a personal vote of confidance goes a long way when it comes to shops.

John
Might check again bc I've never seen their site down. Funny as it may seem that was something I checked frequently last year when deciding who would build my car.

Their site is up, I was just on it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Total Engine Airflow here in Bowling Green is doing my setup. I was over there watching the mod heads go through their CNC program and they came out looking fancy! They do as good of port work as I've seen and have as much experience as anyone when it comes to making big power and high flowing heads. All of the guys mentioned in this thread with do you justice. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Bad99GT... I see that TEA ported your Bullitt intake for you. Did they happen to flow it??? If so, what kind of CFM did it flow??? Thanks...

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
micool it is working now.. may have a hick up in my computer I dunno. Thanx.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Calvert2812V said:
My heads are at Renegade Racing in Michigan getting done right now. I just got my Bullitt intake back from them, and it looks great. Can't wait to see the heads. His pricing is right with what you would expect all of the other reputable shops to be, like Fox Lake, etc. I was recommended to Renegade by Jerry of SCT, so that was a big factor in my decision, because he knows his stuff. Jim's email is [email protected] Get in touch with him for a quote.
I'd like to put in a good word for Renegade. Jim does very nice work. My P&Pd PI heads turned out very nice. His disassembly and assembly work seemed very thorough.

I am very happy with the results. My car made 266 RWHP with Renegade PI heads/PI cams & intake, shorty headers and a non-PI short block.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Kleckner said:
I'd like to put in a good word for Renegade. Jim does very nice work. My P&Pd PI heads turned out very nice. His disassembly and assembly work seemed very thorough.

I am very happy with the results. My car made 266 RWHP with Renegade PI heads/PI cams & intake, shorty headers and a non-PI short block.
Is that all that you have done to your car? Because I have 260rwhp and 302rwtq SAE with stock PI heads. I would be pissed if I only got 6rwhp for that kind of money. Not trying to bust your balls or anything. If thats all that you have done to your car then thats a nice gain. How much did you pay for the work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts