Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well for starters, I need some help with cam selection...don't have much knowledge here. Running big shot plate with stock intake(will be ported) jetted to 150. Will keep the heads in stock form for now but with springs good to .550 lift. I've heard good of the fms f cam and the tfs stage 1 with these heads, but how bout with the n2o? It's a daily driver for now, off the juice of course, and want something that will work well in both n/a and injected. Running 3.55 gears, hitting [email protected] right now with simple bolt ons and exhaust. Guess i'll need new headers also, should I jump up to longtubes? Will the heads benefit at all from them? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
f303 will want more than a 3.55 rear gear, so TFS stage 1 might be the better of the two you listed for that reason and also that it has a split profile that might help on the N20 and not hurt either when NA.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
f cam and 4:10s sounds nice

·
Registered
48 Posts
With nitrous ...with 4.10s ...You will run out of gear at the top end..Unless you run an extender or use a taller tire..You will be fine with a 150 shot...on the p heads. You just have to have a 255 fuel pump and 2 heat range cold plug gapped at .35.

I run nitrous on my p-heads and run in the 11's and 12's on motor..

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the p heads velocity, especially on the exhaust side, do I really need a split profile cam or will it be a benefit with the juice??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im thinking about going with the NX nitrous cam by Comp cams..with my new setup.My friend runs the 274 and have good results with it ..on and off the bottle. His 86 gt runs 11.7 and 10.9 on the juice..And thats a 306 engine.Plus these cam have a 114 centerline and a split duration... which would help my 95 idle a lot better..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.