1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60ft: 1.62
ET: 12.234
MPH: 111.66

Weather was around 75degrees, and fairly humid.

Kinda weird I cut the same MPH at corral day in alot worse weather conditions. Maybe it was because c-day was slippery so I had a higher mph than if I were hooking well.

Anyway, combo is as follows:
~10.2:1 347
Ported P heads (flow slightly higher numbers than GT40X's)
Ported explorer intake, 65mm TB, 76mm MAF
anderson N4 cam

4cyl springs up front with 70/30's. 3.73's, mac upper and lower control arms, and 26x10.5 ET drags on 15x8 welds.

The explorer intake is really choking the higher rpm air, even though its got a decent amount of porting.
I picked up a tenth and 1mph by lowering my shift point from 5700 to 5500, so I can tell that it just runs out of steam.

I've pretty much got the intake sold, and am going to buy the Typhoon Performer replica intake and give it a little port job. That should solve the problem somewhat I think.

I know it really needs a set of good heads on it, but after spending all that cash on the shortblock, I can't get any quite yet.

I met my 12.20 goal that I wanted, and also pulled both front wheels off the gound a couple inches:joy:

Now I gotta get that 65lb battery in the trunk and find some skinnies for the front.

Those 2 things plus the new intake, could I be looking at some 11.80'[email protected] around 115?

sorry so long

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
you will easily get t into the 11's.

thats a neet combo,at one time i wanted to do that myself.make for an excellent sleeper and a nice driver.

if it were me i would stick with the p heads for awhile and just see what you can get out of it.intake change is a good idea.

what are the specs on that cam.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, it was the import vs comestics night at muncie. I LOVE that track, it puts IRP to shame.
Racing was from 6pm to 1am, with a break in between for a bikini contest that turned into pretty much all nude:)
There was a black coupe with a turbo'd big block there that was the fastest car. He let out of it a little after the 1/8th mile, and ran a [email protected]!!!

anyway

ROG30Y, I know it will probably do 11's as it sits if I get some really good weather, power shift it, and play with the tune a little more, but I think it will just be easier to do with the new intake:)

Cam specs are: 222/[email protected], .512/.512

I did make 2 changes from corral day though, i took the 1.7's off with had lift at .544/.544 because the valves were floating at about 5900, and the cam was designed for 1.6s anyway. And I also took the intake spacer off, because it seemed like its already a long enough runner intake as it is.

Think I should put either back on?

I need to email anderson and see if that cam is ok with 1.7's

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey Drew, nice to see you get your times down! You speak so highly of Muncie I wish it wasn't so far away for me to get there. Bowling Green has always treated me well (compared to IRP at least) so I would love to see a track that really hooks. Shoot with good weather, slicks and 4.10s I'd be hittin 12s!

Sorry I dont have a lot to add to your technical posts but I think that Typhoon intake looks really promising for you. Your cubes require your engine to breathe more and that explorer intake just doesn't cut it. Good luck with everything and maybe see you around sometime!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
nice sleeper there, I'd keep those heads for awhile and switch intake and cam to a N61 and see what it does....

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
I say sleeper because you could tell the guys at the track you are only running p heads on a 306!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
so those heads have not been ported, cool....

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
what type of gas mileage do you get? how much does your car weigh? I'm going to build a 347 next for an 11 sec street car.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
nice!!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
You should have a lot left in it. My car has the same inductions set-up with a 310 and runs pretty close to you with no tuning and ****ty 60 ft. My car is built for factory stock so I still have a stock cam and no port work so you car should get into the mid elevens.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice numbers man! Wish I could get my ET down there. Maybe this fall w/ the fresh susp.

IMO........more cam needed. That's not a lot of duration for the cubes and a limited flow head. Need to hang that valve open longer. Might play w/ shortening the runners behind that cover plate on the upper too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts