Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 96 gt and the outside of my front tires are wearing like nuts!!!! I have eibach lowering spring with bilsteins all the way around. I am using maximum motorsport caster camber plates so i really dont know why this is happening?? In the front i am using firestone firehawks that have a tread reading of AA340, this is really starting to conern me, lots of help needed guys!!! Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
check the toe.. it may be toeing in. or the caster\camber may still be off or need to be adjusted ever so slightly. any kind of pull when you let the wheel go?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the car is pulling to the right side, does that have anything to do with this, i just had an alignment done about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check the toe in. A quick way to do this yourself is to take a strand of string and have a friend hold on a defined place on the tire tread, you mark the same spot on the tire on your side. Check these measurements from the front of the tire to the back side of the tire (meaning the tread area, not side to side on the tire) The measurements should be the same. If its shorter in the front you have toe in. If shorter in the back you have toe out. With the outside edges worn you should have toe in.

Doy you rotate your tires on a regular basis? Lack of rotate will also cause the front tires to wear on the outside edges also.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts