Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone that has not read my posts about my problems with ATI please read at least one and this will make more sence. Just do a search under my name.

I received a letter from a customer service manager at Paxton Auto the other day out of the blue. It was a letter offering me a great deal on a Paxton Novi 2K :eek:
For nothing, I never sent a letter, I never asked for it, I never even contacted Paxton for info. It was just out of shier understanding of my situation. The price was very good, but regardless, I was blow away by the fact that this person took the time to try and reach out and help a customer that had a bad experience.
The letter author was not at all rude or insulting, she didn't even mention my issues with ATI and she simply treated me like I was important to her business. :)
That is good business my friends, and that is what it should be like. My hat is off to Paxton Auto and their customer service:D

If I hadn't already bought my Vortech, I would be installing a Paxton next week. If I can talk her into letting me put a supercharger on her car, my old lady will be getting a Paxton :lol:
Just wanted to let you guys know.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The internet is a powerful tool, and obviously ATI hasn't figured that out.....yet! It's bad experiences like you had that gives a company a bad reputation.

Remember Excessive Motorsports in Missouri? It took awhile, but word got out and they just faded away...no more 4 page ads in the mags.

All I can say is that the next time someone asks about a recommendation for a blower kit, you know who not to recommend. Thats what I've done for the last 5 years!;)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Wow, I almost bought some stuff from Excessive Motorsports. What was the deal with them?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jcm3 said:
Wow, I almost bought some stuff from Excessive Motorsports. What was the deal with them?
Oh my god they were the worst. :rolleyes:
Nice pretty adds, but customer service was baaaad :(
A buddy of mine ordered one of thier "complete stage kits" the ones with the heads and intake and cam and all that good stuff.
It was all basic stuff, I think it was all trick-flow and a motorsport cam etc.., at the same time he ordered a blower from them. Now you'd think that after spending almost 10G's in one pop, they would offer a little bit better customer service right? Wrong!!
It took 3 months for him to get it all in order and get all of his stuff.
They sent the 1st box and it had nothing in it but a throttle body, the box was the size of like a tv box. After about 10 phone calls he got a another box with the intake and MAF but no heads. Dude it was a mess!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I've done quite a bit lately with Paxton and I can tell you two things...

First, you call Paxton, your calling Vortech and vice versa.

Two, I have noticed a considerable improvment in the customer service. I LIKE! :)

I just hope that they continue to keep the supercharger product lines as they are. Vortech and Paxon lines of blowers don't exactly line up. They compliment one another.

Ed

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I had a good laugh when I read LOTSASPRAY's letter he recieved from ATI about how they made it sound like it was a small group of people who were bad mouthing the company and their leaky blowers all over the net....yeah...you go with that ATI!!

The internet indeed is a powerful research tool and played a big part in my blower decision. I looked at all 3 of the big players when I was shopping and ATI was easily knocked off the list due to all the hits I got when I did a search on reliablity on Corral. 1 or 2 threads about leaky seals is one thing, but this topic comes up everywhere on the Mustang forums and others as well and lets not forget the one Corral member who had his reapired 4 times in less than a year. That's no accident or conspiracy.

Whenever someone asks me what's better, I always tell them to buy a Paxton or Vortech as you can't go wrong with either one. I chose Paxton simply due to the bracketry which is better than the Vortech stuff, but as for the head units you're splitting hairs on which is better.

·
Registered
607 Posts
wow you guys hit a bunch of nails right on the head!
Excessive motorsports-hell yea, nah nah na nah hey hey hey good bye! man i hate them!
i JUST bought a vortech yesterday (at the corral/springfield motorsports dyno-day) and it WAS down to paxton & vortech cause of all the bad feedback i saw on here about ATI and lotsasprays posts and others. so i guess, thanks lotsaspray- nobody likes getting screwed!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the reason I posted it. I am not out to get anyone, or any company. I just don't want to see anyone get boned the way I did. I, fortunatly, do pretty well for myself and a $3000 leson learned is not that big a deal to me. However, some people out there save their pennys for a long time to be able to afford the blower that they always wanted. It's down right dirty that those kind of people are the ones that get screwed by these companies.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The Hawk said:
they made it sound like it was a small group of people who were bad mouthing the company

The internet indeed is a powerful research tool
Did you see the Corral mentioned in 5.0 Mustang mag ??? Its in the "Ask EDC 5.0 questions "....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts