Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where it is located on my 92 GT??:confused:
TIA

·
Banned
3,819 Posts
right next to the kanuuten valve above the muffler berrings :)

Seriously tho, i have no idea what an orriface tube is. Why are you lookin for it?

Are you maybe thinking of the smog (thermactor crossover tube) that runs along the back of the motor attached to the heads?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blk91gt said:
Seriously tho, i have no idea what an orriface tube is. Why are you lookin for it?
It is a filter that goes with the air conditioning.I'm thinking its located in one of the lines.:confused:
I've been told I would have to replace the entire line.?? :confused:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Seriously there is an orfice tube on your car. Like stated it is in the a/c system in the low side line running into the evaporator usually.Hmm I haven't had to replace mine but most of the ones I have seen are replacable seperate. The accumulator usually needs the line replaced with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's in the line BELOW the accumulator that attaches to the evaporator...Some Fords have a crimp in that line so you have to replace the entire line...It depends on the year.....

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
ranger7ltr said:
It's in the line BELOW the accumulator that attaches to the evaporator...Some Fords have a crimp in that line so you have to replace the entire line...It depends on the year.....
We have a winner! It goes from condenser to evaporator at the passenger side of underhood.
The Liquid Line with Orifice can be had from any Ford dealer for ~$20.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part#??

Puter said:

We have a winner! It goes from condenser to evaporator at the passenger side of underhood.
The Liquid Line with Orifice can be had from any Ford dealer for ~$20.
Thanks....can you provide a part # for 92 GT??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts