Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock 5.0 motor has 130,000 miles, and im looking for more power. is it worth supercharging it, or nitrous? should i tear apart the motor and do heads intake and cam? should i buy a 351 windsor block and work on that? i would like your opinions on what i should do. thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you just bolt on a blower, your motor will make more power,without tearing into it.i've gone this route and my 86 motor is making tons of power.i plan to just replace the motor with a built for boost long block,i tell myself every year,ishould get a new motor but my stock semi-high mileage motor just sucks up boost and runs like a top.bolting on heads and an intake is a good way to make power but with 130k you're just gonna have to tear the motor down again in a couple years,bolt on a blower get a huge power increase.then worry about buying a long block a couple years from now.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------86 gt vortech a-trim,trick flow intake,65mm t.b.,msd(garbage)ignintion,373 gears,full exhaust--flow tech headers,bbk 2 1/2 cat h-pipe,flowmaster 2 chambers,underdrives,cobra mas air conversion w/24psi injectors,155 fuel pump,stock 95k long [email protected] on street tires 2.00 60ft

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt mods, please move this over to the engine forum if no one else replies, thanks.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt anyone w/ opinions on what to do? btw this is my daily driver

1 - 4 of 4 Posts