Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am still not sure which would be the better way to go. I they r roughly both same pricewise. The street heat has more flow but the cobra can be honed to get optimum power. I would think that the elbow needed for the street heat on r cars would cause some restriction compared to the cobra intake . I also like the Idea that the Cobra intake is manufactured by ford, considering I already have mostly Ford Performance parts so far.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Buy the tfs

I had the cobra intake very nice peice, I sold it for a TFS. The ports on the lower is no comparasion. The tfs will flow much more even with the elbow. Holley or Weiend is the best but they are a lot of cash.
good luck

·
Registered
723 Posts
Dreko98 said:
I am still not sure which would be the better way to go. I they r roughly both same pricewise. The street heat has more flow but the cobra can be honed to get optimum power. I would think that the elbow needed for the street heat on r cars would cause some restriction compared to the cobra intake . I also like the Idea that the Cobra intake is manufactured by ford, considering I already have mostly Ford Performance parts so far.
Id go with the Cobra man...they are better than most people think and im assuming you are basically a bolt on N/A car. I think the Cobra intake will make "better" power than a TFS. I mean on a bolt on car, the cobra intake will make better power across the board, not necessarily "peak" power, which on a bolt on 5 liter is basically meaningless because they wont make any power that high.

Those comparisons you see in magazines between intakes are usually on blown 331's or 347's, obviously an aftermarket intake with huge ports and "better" design is going to flow better especially under boost...

BUT i could be wrong...im basing this off my buddies car with the TFS intake, AFR's and custom grind cam. He only makes 15 more rwhp than i do:confused: :confused:

Its all about combinations man....the best flowing stuff dont mean its the best for your car. you gotta remember you have a 9:1 302 small block...it dont push as much air as a bigger displacement motor with higher compression or blower would which basically eliminates the need for an intake that will "outflow" everything else...

just a rant man:D

·
Registered
604 Posts
I really liked the looks of the TFS but ended up with a used Cobra due to cost. The thing is on a bolt on stang you probably won't notice any difference so go with what looks good and is easier on the wallet.
Supercharged, I would probably go TFS for the "balanced" ports they advertise.

·
Registered
331 Posts
TFS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts