Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on the stalker body kit was. I don't want something really ricey but I don't want my car to look like everyone elses (stock or cobra kit). I like the way the kit looks and if I did get it I would also get the light bar (will get regardless) and the cervini Speedster covers...not real keen on taking my kids to school with the words stalker on the back but that can be filled in also....just wanting some thoughts on the looks of the kit (I know some out there have had problems with the kit and that's not what I'm asking for, I'll make sure they give me quality parts or I'll shove them up their ***) below are some pics...my car is triple black...

·
Registered
894 Posts
I say go for it, be different. Dont put that mesh in the grill IMO tho, that makes it kinda ricey.

·
Registered
29 Posts
^ what they said..It is your car if you like it..by all means do it. I am personally not a big fan. I really liked it when I first saw it and looks good on that blue convert. But there is one in my town and I was not impressed when I saw it in person. The one I saw seemed gaudy IMO. But I think you can def pull it off with the right paint, and wheel and tire combination.I tried to post a link to to show you a kit that you may like but I have not been on the site long enough. Look up Doug Van Den Brink's drift car if you are interested. Just a thought. Either way post up some pics when you get it going.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning on going with this body kit, if I kept the mesh it was gonna be painted black, the CDC light bar, black chrome omega Godspeed wheels, 5% tint (untill the cops make me take it off), and tinted head, tail, fog and third brake lights. Still trying to find a nice shiny black that looks like it never ends when you look into it and possibly thinking about putting some flat racing stripes on it under the clear like I once saw on a 2007-8 California special.

As for it being my car, I know I'm going to do what I like....was just wanting peoples opinion on the rice factor of this kit. Like I said before I don't wanna do the same thing you see on every stang. If I walk out of the store and see that 15 triple black mustang verts parked around me that I can find mine without looking at the plate or using the key fob to make it honk!!!....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Personally I think it looks like ####. It's you're car so do what you want. I would let it near my car if my life depended on it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I think it looks good, but i'm not really a body kit on Mustangs person. That kit and the Saleen kit are the ones i've liked the best. I just can think of alot better things to buy for the car than 2+grand of cosmetics. I'm a minimalist, though. ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
i would say go for it i like them as long as they are installed right. definitely sets you apart from the crowd of black mustangs out there without going all ricer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it looks good, but i'm not really a body kit on Mustangs person. That kit and the Saleen kit are the ones i've liked the best. I just can think of alot better things to buy for the car than 2+grand of cosmetics. I'm a minimalist, though. ;)
Same here, this is one of the only kits I like, and as for the money this is the one mustang I have always wanted the most and unless it gets totaled will never leave my possession

i would say go for it i like them as long as they are installed right. definitely sets you apart from the crowd of black mustangs out there without going all ricer.
that's what I was thinking but I wanted to see I others agree with me....and really only one person has said that they DON'T LIKE the kit... I really like the way it looks and I think that withthe kit, a repaint, omega Godspeed black chrome staggered wheels, light bar, lower 1 in, grill delete that it will look mean...oh and tinted windows and lights!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
i have the stalker front bumper cover on my 89 with the cobra conversion on the rest and love the way it sets it apart from all the rest of white foxes out there. good luck and do it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The dealership I worked at had an 01 come through with that kit, looked pretty good in person. Just a heads up though, the hood that comes in the kit is really heavy, personally I'd go with something that's not a lead weight on the front of the car

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealership I worked at had an 01 come through with that kit, looked pretty good in person. Just a heads up though, the hood that comes in the kit is really heavy, personally I'd go with something that's not a lead weight on the front of the car
Was thinking bout that neway...the hood looks good but I've seen better...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts