Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my new combo stock short block bored 0.30 over 9.xx to1 comp. ported edelbrock 6025's ported cobra intake 70mm tb 78mm mass air mac long tubes and 373's my question is i have a tfs stage 2 cam would it work good with this combo? i never really heard of to many people running the stage 2 on a 302? any imput would be apreciated thanx. p.s if anyone has run this cam with a 302 what kind of rpm are you seeing?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya one more thing, i will be running a 100hp shot of nos on this thing as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have no idea what a TFS stage 2 cam is but with what you have listed base on normal street play driving you will need a cam about 208ish and about 510 lift. I'd keep the 70 because velocity will always win over volume.

CStraub

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tfs stage two is 545- 563 224 -232dur @0.50 [i think dont got cam card in front of me}mostly track use.some street

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
<skin begins to boil as pet peave is spouted out over and over>

If N.O.S. is for wimps, then what brand of NITROUS kit manufacturer makes you not a wimp??? ZEX isnt for wimps??

Ya ya, I know what you mean but it urks me when we bring ourselves down to the "Fast and the Furious/Vin Diesel" level.

NOS - makes parts for nitrous applications, they are a company.
N2O/Nitrous Oxide - the actual gas...its JUST as easy to type N2O as it is to type NOS, and it will eliminate the idiot image :rolleyes: '

sorry for ranting...

Oh, ya...what kind if cam is in there now? I would probably try to sell the S2, and pick up somthing a little milder...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for being rude, and im not trying to start a war but WTF WHO ARE YOU THE ****ING INTERNET n2o POLICE? anyways thanks for your lack of imput. and when i put NOS. i mean nitrous oxide systems. Not nawwwzzz fool:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
yaaa, gonna put da hose in'er eh? Well don't be screamin when she blows a geeasket doncha know. But she'll spin tires with the best of'em. Go all motor and don't be a hoser eh...........:lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no ive had lot's of experince with N2O so what ever your reply was about im not sure????? but power adders are the way to go in my opnion if you want to go fast for cheap.:D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Kinda depends on what you want, for the strip & some street it'd be one thing. If you want good street manners/torque it'd be another. My combo is simular except for the intake & I can't believe how well it runs. I went the strip/street route, it idles slightly better than an e, but pulls unbelievably from 4k up.
something a tad smaller would be more street friendly, but slower than me:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
4play said:
Kinda depends on what you want, for the strip & some street it'd be one thing. If you want good street manners/torque it'd be another. My combo is simular except for the intake & I can't believe how well it runs. I went the strip/street route, it idles slightly better than an e, but pulls unbelievably from 4k up.
something a tad smaller would be more street friendly, but slower than me:D
basiclly what im asking is will this cam work better than the x-303 im running now? i did not like the why the x made power it was like it had no power band. it was totlly the wrong cam for my combo, but i picked it up cheap so i used it anyways. plus i've got way better heads than my old ones. what cam do you run? thanks for the imput and no B.S like those other clowns;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
They both have simular intake events/lift, they are both on 112LC (I think) the main difference is the ramp rates(faster on the stg2) & the exhaust duration, being longer on the stg2. For power adders that's typically a good thing. Assuming they are installed at the sameCL, I would not think the difference would be all that much between the two.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what kind of rpm do you see out of it?were does it make peak power? what kind of intake do you run?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone else with any imput on this would be apreciated :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts